All you need is Love

Monday, April 18, 2011

Cheyenne

I have the cutest grand daughter ever!  It is one of the things I miss about living in Virginia not being near her.  I miss being  able to be grandma and play with her and spoil her and all the fun grandma stuff.
When she was born 5 years ago Jared and Raquel happened to live in Virgina about 2 hours north of us.  I was so grateful to be there and hold her right away.  I also got to visit her several times before they moved back west.
Last year when we went to Utah for Sarah's graduation I got to spend a whole week with her then and again when we went for the wedding.  It was so fun to be grandma and she seemed to love being with me.
Cheyenne is such a sweet little girl and very smart!  I am so grateful for her wonderful parents who are doing all they can to help her be the best she can be.
What brought up this desire for me to write this:  Cheyenne called me last night out of the blue.  I think she took her moms phone and decided to call grandma.  What a surprise to hear her sweet voice on the other end say hi grandma I love you!  It was a "tender mercy" moment from the Lord!

My sweet girl

Best Friends!

                                                                                  
                                                                            


5 comments:

  1. Suzie,

    Did you move from Virginia?! All of a sudden (duh!) I realized we are flying there tomorrow...and I could possibly see you?! We arrive late tomorrow, then are going to Georgia to see our first grandchild (a cute little girl), then will be back at Scott's brother's in Bristow...leaving 5.3. Send me an email to catch me up . The possibility is fun to think about : )

    Love, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cheyenne is such a cutie!! How fun that she called you last night! She is one of a kind!! The other day Michael and I were trying to decide which Grandma would spoil our children more, we couldn't decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute! I feel the same about being an aunt! I love it when I get to go to Utah to visit family and my nieces and nephews all run up and give me hugs! I love it! I also love that I get that from my babies now! It makes me truly happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is really cute! I remember her dancing at Sarah's reception, happy and smiling. I'm a bit jealous of the grandmother thing because it looks so fun. No pressure on anyone, seriously, but I am really looking forward to my awesome kids becoming parents ;}

    ReplyDelete