All you need is Love

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Children

I love my children so much.  OK so I know you all know that about me.  Sometimes I just really miss them.  I don't like the thought of "empty nest."  I had that term hit me square in the face yesterday when I thought about Tyler graduating a year early from High School and leaving us!  Of course when my children leave they really leave and move across country!  I had a friend at work say to me" Mary when your kids leave you don't just push them out of the nest you drop kick them across country!"  I thought that was funny!

I remember the day Jared left for boot camp I thought my heart would burst through my chest!  I think I cried a million tears!  but I knew he was going off to do something great and wonderful for our country little did I know at the time it would involve fighting in two wars!   Then Andrew went away to do the same thing! again my heart burst!  Again I found solace in what he was doing with his life and what a great and brave young man he was.  Sarah left us next and I thought I would die without her.  I missed her everyday but I knew she was growing strong and more independent every day.  Daniel left us next first to go to Utah and then to serve the people of Tonga.  I missed him so much but was so proud of his decision to serve a mission.  His mission blessed our family so much and Heavenly Father comforted me while he was gone.  I was very blessed with Jessica staying home for a year but then she left too.  I missed her sweet personality while she was gone, again I cried! I think it took a week and Sarah coming to finally calm down.   I was blessed with comfort while she was gone with having Sarah here.


I know moving on is a natural part of life.  I just wish it wasn't so hard on mama!  I am so proud of the wonderful adults they are all becoming!  I feel like I have six best friends!  Attention my children don't forget to visit!  

5 comments:

  1. Well... Once Tyler graduates, you can just move back west, and be re-united with your family, and your unrelated family too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( my mom always talks about how she spent all this time raising her children and growing so close to them and having so many best friends and then they just leave. she says it's a crappy plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara I consider you very much one of my family and I can't wait to move back west someday!

    Laura I agree with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll come visit! How about say, tomorrow!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think one of the most rewarding things I've experienced as a Mom is seeing what great adults my children are choosing to become. You've done a terrific job with your children and I feel very blessed that Michael has your Sarah!

    ReplyDelete