All you need is Love

Friday, January 28, 2011

A father like that

I am a very lucky women.  My whole life I have been surrounded by good men who are very good fathers.  Starting with my own dad.  He has always been there for me and continues to be.  He had four daughters, no sons.  I was the oldest and I guess I got to be his "buddy" a lot of guy stuff I know I learned from my dad.  I can't say I enjoyed it all but I guess it made me a little tougher than I would have been.  The next very amazing father I know is my husband Dennis.  I am so grateful to have him as a partner in parenthood.  Like I said I was the oldest of four girls, I have been blessed with four sons and two daughters.  The girls I understood and we had a lot in common.  Boys I had no idea what to do with them!    I have watched Dennis through the years so many times rearrange his schedule do what ever it takes to take the boys hiking, camping,biking,snowboarding and so many other things ( I started thinking about it because today with 5-8 inches of snow on the ground Dennis is taking Tyler Backpacking.)   There is no way I could do that!  I've seen him worry,pray and stay up very late many nights trying to figure out how to help our children through so many trials in there lives. He has been an awesome father for our girls as well.  Bringing them a long on a lot of the activities he does with the boys and doing girl stuff (NYSNC concert comes to mind) and not to forget  the driving lessons and any and all nerve wrecking activities with the boys and girls.  I know a few neighbor kids who have benefited from his fatherly care as well.  It takes two and I am so glad he is my other half.
First time I did something daring with the family
Snowboarding one of the favorite activities Dennis likes to do with the chidren
Winter drive Dennis and Andrew did


3 comments:

  1. He is a really good dad!! I still LOVE it that he took us to that Nsync concert! And more recently, stood in the lotion aisle with me at Target and tried to help as I tried to pick which one I would like best for my face . . . you can relate to that mom. ;) I love my daddy! He's the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love your daddy too, Sarah! Dads are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, my daddy is the best!! He is very caring and he would do anything for his family! I love him very much!!

    ReplyDelete